Camphill Architecture & Development
The practice offers a tailor-made architectural service for individuals and organisations whose wish is to create healthy and integrated environments.
This can be a full or partial service for the design of individual buildings or the master planning of communities where the intention of an ideal is to be made manifest.
The practice developed from the need to design buildings as therapeutic environments for people with special needs in Camphill Communities.
It has been built up since 1959 and now comprises 2 offices in the UK.
The work is largely centred in the UK and also extends into Europe and the USA.
- Saltire Design Award: Darroch House, Loch Arthur, Dumfries
- Civic Award: Christian Community Church, Botton, Yorkshire
- RIAS Competition: 2nd place Award, Homoeopathic Hospital, Glasgow
- Civic Award: Rose House, Beannachar, Aberdeen
- Civic Award: Phoenix Centre, Newton Dee, Aberdeen
Camphill Architecture and Development Ltd. registered in Scotland SC 496681; registered office: Newton Dee, Bieldside, Aberdeen AB15 9DX, a wholly owned subsidiary of Newton Dee Camphill Community Ltd.